- This event has passed.
Foundations of Yoga
May 21, 2019 - May 23, 2019$160
Foundations of Yoga by Cristina Marie Navaretta
Date: May 21-23 (3 days)
Time: 10:30 – 13:30 (3 hrs/day)
Price: 4,900 THB./ 160 USD.
Certification: 10 hours YACEP – Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider ®
This workshop is an ideal way to begin, reawaken or deepen your yoga practice!
Each class will explore all aspects of yoga in a fun, safe, and comfortable, judgment-free environment.
The format is open, so students are encouraged to ask questions as the class moves through different yoga poses, meditation, and breathing techniques.
Reserve your spot today as space is very limited allowing for more personalized attention.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- SOMETIMES LED CLASSES CAN BE FAST PACED WITH LITTLE INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION. EMPOWER YOURSELF WITH FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE OF THE PROPER ALIGNMENT ON ALL TYPES OF POSTURES: STANDING, BACKBENDS, TWISTS, FORWARD FOLDS AND INVERSIONS.
- WE WILL LEARN HOW TO PROGRESS WITH EASE FROM THE BEGINNING STAGES OF A POSE, TO its FULL EXPRESSION. EXPLORING HOW TO APPROACH EACH MOVEMENT SAFELY AND HOW TO MODIFY MOVEMENTS IN ORDER TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR OWN PERSONAL ABILITIES AND INJURIES.
- RECEIVE INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO SAFELY USE YOGA PROPS SUCH AS BLOCKS, STRAPS, THE WALL, and BOLSTERS ETC…
PRANAYAMA (CONTROL OF THE BREATH) & MEDITATION (MINDFULNESS)
- We will practice and explore several fundamental breathing practices and sensory withdrawal exercises
- Introduction to various types of Meditation Including Buddhist (Vipassana), Jappa Mala and others)
- EACH DAY WE WILL SPEND TIME IMMERSED IN DISCUSSION OF YOGIC PHILOSOPHY ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS WHAT IS YOGA? WHAT WHAT ARE THE 8 LIMBS OF YOGA? HOW CAN THIS KNOWLEDGE IMPROVE MY PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL STATE?