Directions To Samma Karuna
We are nestled amongst the palm trees, beautiful beaches, and jungle landscapes of Koh Phangan.
Samma karuna is located about 5km north from Tong Sala (commercial center of the island and where the pier is located).
School is located in Haad Chao Phao about 100m from FamilyMart Haad Chap Phao.
Our address is: 84/13 Moo 8, Haad Chao Phao, Koh Phangan. Surattani 84280.
You can get here from Tong Sala pier by renting a motorbike (about 150 baht) or by taking a taxi (about 300 baht).
You can also find us on Google Maps or using the global coordinates: 9.766211, 99.961954
How To Get Here From Bangkok
Arrival By Airplane
Flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui
- The nearest airport is in Koh Samui. Between Bangkok and Koh Samui, there are many daily services run by Bangkok Airways. Flying time about 50 minutes. See https://www.bangkokair.com/eng for more information about this.
- A connecting ferry will have to be taken from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan (see ferry info below).
Flights from Bangkok to Surat Thani
- Air Asia flies from Bangkok to Surat Thani daily, flying time is about 50 minutes. The transfer from Surat Thani airport to Donsak ferry port is by coach or taxi and takes about 1 ½ hours. At Donsak, you transfer to the Raja ferry to Koh Phangan which takes 3 hours. Whilst the overall journey is longer than flying directly to Koh Samui, it can be cheaper to fly via Surat Thani, depending on the time of year.
Arrival By Bus
There are many bus services from Bangkok to Koh Phangan. Most of these are sleeper buses. They can be booked from travel agencies in Bangkok or by going to the central bus station (Sia Thai). The journey takes about 10 hours to Donsak, the ferry port for boats going to Koh Phangan. From Donsak, the journey takes around 3 hours to Koh Phangan. Usually, the ferry is included in the price of the bus.
Arrival By Ferry
Ferries from Samui To Koh Phangan
- The Seatran ferry leaves Koh Samui at 8:00 and 13:00.
- The Lomprayah ferry leaves Koh Samui at 8:00, 11:15, 12:30, and 17:00.
- The Seatran pier is located near the airport, approximately a 10 minute drive and the Lompraya pier is located 50 minutes from the airport.
- The Lompraya peir is 50 minutes from the airport. Please take this in consideration when booking the rest of your journey. Ferries arrive in Koh Phangan at Thong Sala Pier.
Ferries from Koh Phangan to Koh Samui
- The Seatran ferry leaves Koh Phangan at 11:00 and 16:30.
- The Lomprayah ferry leaves Koh Phangan at: 7:15, 11:00, 12:00, and 16:20.
- From Koh Samui airport, there is a shuttle service going to the ferry ports for Koh Phangan (this is usually available as a free service). Please ask for this service when you purchase the ticket for the ferry in the Seatran/Lompraya ferry counter as you exit Koh Samui airport.
Arrival By Taxi
Local taxis are available from the pier. Please inform the taxi to go to Samma Karuna Srithanu. Please print out instructions in Thai to give to the taxi driver, this will avoid any unnecessary delay and frustration. Taxis are approximately 200 - 300 THB per person.
Arrival By Train
Trains leave Bangkok several times daily, the journey time is about 12 hours. Sleeping booths are available on some services. Leaving the train at Surat Thani, the transfer by coach or taxi from Surat Thani station to Donsak Peir takes about 1½ hours. From Donsak, the ferry journey takes 3 hours to Koh Phangan.
There are 2 companies that run luxury coach services from Bangkok to Chumphon, which takes about 6 hours. At Chumphon, you transfer to a large express boat that stops at Koh Tao before arriving at Koh Phangan. The boat journey from Chumphon to Koh Phangan takes about 2 ½ hours.