Samma Karuna's community & volunteering program
Samma Karuna is a School of Awakening & Healing and a mindful community based in Thailand for people who wish to learn how to live a happier and more fulfilled life based on self-development, acceptance and celebration.
Our school is a project for a better world. A world more open hearted, loving and peaceful. We believe that if we want to see positive change in the world, we have to BE the change that we want to see.
So we actively work on ourselves, developing compassion and empathy for ourselves and our fellow human beings. We learn to bring our light and energy to the community, to help to open people's hearts and to transmute suffering into long lasting happiness.
What are the requirements to be a volunteer?
As Karma Yoga student you will be doing manual work (e.g. beach clean, hall preparation, garden care…) for 6 days a week.
If you are experiencing emotional issues, we strongly encourage you to join the school as an Awakening and Healing student instead, as this means you will have more time for yourself to process your healing and growth.
What benefits does volunteering offer?
- You will be part of one of the most meaningful roles in our mission to bring harmony, peace and happiness to this Earth.
- Full free access to the Awakening & Healing programme during the time of volunteering and for 3 months after you have finished. Further information about this programme is available by clicking here
- Open access to the campus installations.
- Opportunity to assist experienced teachers in their regular classes and workshops.
- Daily meditation practice through mindful work as Karma Yoga Student.
- Special discounts of 20% on most workshops and long courses
What type of volunteering is available?
What kind of work will I do as a volunteer?
Volunteering is typically done at the school with activities such as
- We also offer additional volunteering activities such as
- You may also be asked to help out on projects if you have any skills with
Attention: This is a full commitment volunteering experience for budget travelers, who are strongly committed to work with themselves and assist others. You will be spending most of your day at the school (about 8 to 9 hrs. a day), either working with yourself or helping at the school. If you would like more time for yourself during the day we highly recommend you attend as a regular student, where you can still volunteer in the activities and at times of your choice without restriction.
Can I volunteer more than 30 days?,
Yes, you can stay with us as long as you like. Some people repeat the course many times, to facilitate going deeper in their practice. Once your month of volunteering is finished you can still taking classes for free during 3 months time. You might also start your development as facilitator in active meditations or other activities once you finish your first course.
Is accommodation and food free?
No, Samma Karuna volunteering does not include accommodation or food.
You may book accommodation outside the school with the local Thai community or inside our campus at very affordable rates starting from 150 euros a month for a bed in 8 bed dorm with fan. .
How do I apply to become a community member or community volunteer?
Just complete our community application form online by clicking Here