The Gift of Yoga: Learn, Love and Appreciate with Osho ThaiJanuary 21, 2017
Yoga – The Awakening of Your SoulJanuary 21, 2017
In today’s fast moving world, it has become vital to learn the ways to balance various aspects of life. To live life to the fullest, it is equally essential to indulge in activities that make you feel relaxed, as it is to work hard and exceed expectations. Yoga can be considered a hidden treasure, which acts as a medium to achieve stability between one’s personal and professional worlds. There are several benefits of daily yoga. Here is a list of things that make the process a wonderful habit –
- Makes the body flexible: The movements are designed to improve the functioning of the body’s nervous system. In addition to boosting the muscle strength of the calves, thighs, and arms, it increases the ability of the body to resist the attack of harmful germs. Furthermore, holding the body in twisty positions enables it to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which in turn soothes the inflammation caused by osteoarthritis and asthma.
- Surrounds you with optimism: By helping you focus on positive ideas, yogic practice revitalizes the energy by drawing attention on harmonizing the mind, body, and soul. Moreover, it advances the capacity of the mind to concentrate on various aspects of life. By following the routine diligently, people can successfully divide their time to multitask among different activities and complete each job with equal efficiency.
- Helps you escape the frenzy: In today’s hectic lifestyle, people are not used waking up early in the morning and connecting with the beautiful things that nature has to offer, be it the blooming flowers and colourful birds or the violet hued skies. The art of yoga allows people to understand the importance of living in a peaceful state, by introducing yogis to Surya namaskar and kapalbharati. Interested practitioners can enroll in yoga teacher training programs.
- Teaches you to control your feelings: Over the years, people tend to develop a bad posture and irregular breathing patterns. By engaging in this miraculous process, people learn ways to control their emotions. Deep breathing, which is an essential element of every yogic posture and movement, instills a sense of reassurance and comfort. It is for this reason that yoga has high rates of reducing anxiety. Those with dire back problems and neck aches can benefit from learning to straighten the spine. The spine is protected by the synovial fluid, which permits the upper half of the body to move swiftly. As the day comes to an end, the quantity of the fluid around the spine reduces drastically, making in stiff and inflexible. The easy to learn yogic poses like the downward facing dog pose are designed to rehydrate the spine, making it one of the best benefits of daily yoga.
- Gives us a chance to rediscover ourselves: We often miss out on the opportunity to spend some quality time with oneself, which is very important to process our actions and their consequences, to prepare plans for the future and to reflect on our emotions. Yoga endows individuals with the opportunity to create a personal space for themselves, where they can assess the different modes of leading a happy life.
- Brings the body back on the right track: As per Ayurveda, the wee hours between 10 pm to 2 am are meant for the body to rest. However, it wouldn’t be wrong to assume that more than half the population of the world follows very irregular sleep schedules. Yoga monitors the body’s functioning. By waking up practicing yoga on a daily basis, people get used to getting up before sunrise and sleeping by 10 pm. This helps establish a healthy lifestyle.
Now that you have been acquainted with the multiple advantages of yoga, we recommend that you try to pursue a routine that encompasses a mixture of asnas, ranging from those that strengthen muscles to the ones that are known to improve the breathing patterns. Daily practice also functions as a method of yoga teacher training.